Terms and Conditions
- Manchester Optical Limited trading as Reglaze4U will also be referred to in these terms and conditions as ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’.
- These terms and conditions govern the supply of goods sold by us through our website reglaze4u.com
- These terms and conditions set out the rights and obligations that apply where we supply goods to you. Please read them carefully before you place your order as you will be bound by these terms and conditions should we accept your order. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, or our website or order form, please raise them by contacting us before you place your order.
- Our registered office address is 277 Stockport Road, Ashton-under-Lyne OL7 0N and are registered in England & Wales, company number 04746961. These terms and conditions also govern the use of this website.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and were written in accordance with English law and may be subject to change without any prior notice to you. However, after an order is placed, we will not change the terms and conditions relating to that order.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Conditions of Sale
By submitting an order to us you confirm:
- You are aged 18 years of age or over.
- You have been issued a prescription by a qualified optician within the last 2 years. If requested, a copy must be supplied.
- You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
Pricing and Payment
- The price payable for the goods you order is as set out at the time you place your order plus any charges for carriage and insurance as set out in the order form.
- We reserve the right to amend prices at any time without notice, but once an order has been accepted, we will not change the price that applies to that order.
- We must receive payment for the whole product at the time of order, and any applicable charges for carriage and insurance before your order can be accepted.
- Prices stated are inclusive of any VAT that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by us.
- All payments must be made in UK Pounds Sterling.
Delivery and Title
- Goods will be supplied in accordance with your order and title will be transferred once payment is made by the customer in full.
- The goods will be sent to the delivery address stated on the website order form, which must be a UK address.
- We offer a choice of postage options when you send your glasses to us. For extra peace of mind, we also offer options of a recorded delivery service to allow you the ability to track your package.
- If you are sending us an expensive frame or a frame of sentimental value, we strongly recommend you use Royal Mail Special Delivery as this is the only service available to us that offers £500 insurance and guaranteed next day delivery with full tracking provided.
Inspection of Goods
- Upon delivery of the goods you should carefully inspect them as we will not be held responsible for damage or defects caused by you after you have received them. If any of the goods are lost or damaged, please contact us immediately using the email address or the telephone number on our website to inform us of the problem and do not use the goods.
- Each of the goods delivered to you will contain written confirmation of the prescription from which the goods were made. If the prescription stated does not match the prescription ordered, please contact us to inform us of the problem and do not use the goods.
- The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Supplying and fitting lenses to your frames can unfortunately only be carried out at your own risk and we cannot be liable for damage that very rarely occurs.
- We reglaze hundreds of frames a week and just a very small percentage of these will ever have an issue of being damaged whilst being reglazed, despite the best care of our experienced technicians.
- If damage does occur, we will offer you a choice of the following:
- If possible, a free repair of your frame.
- To purchase a new alternative frame from us at cost price. We have a range of generic and designer frames in stock that we can offer. This means that if for example, a designer frame costs £150 on the high street and the frame costs us £70 to source from the manufacturer, we would charge the £70 it costs us to source the frame and we will make no profit from this. We promise we will always endeavour to make a concerted effort to find you something that you are happy with.
- If you are not interested in either of the above, then you are still entitled to a full refund of your order for reglazing and your frame posting back to you.
- In the extremely rare case where a new frame fails during the glazing process then you should be able to return this to the supplier from where you purchased them. The reason for this is that these should be classified as faulty if a new frame was not able to withstand the glazing process and so should therefore be deemed as being ‘not fit for purpose’. All new frames should come with a 12 month manufacturer’s guarantee that protects you if the frame is faulty. If a frame is faulty then any reputable supplier will have a policy in place where the frame can be returned for credit or exchange, we will also help in dealing with the supplier where necessary.
- We would like to note that currently the policy of non-liability for damage during reglazing is universal across the industry and that our policy is no different to any other company offering the same service. Many opticians will not offer our service at all due to the potential risk factor of glazing 3rd party frames and if they do it will always be with an ‘at own risk’ disclaimer.
- We will not be liable to you for any inconvenience, disappointment, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem in relation to the goods and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than any refund we make under these conditions. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defect to goods supplied or delivered hereunder that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes).
- Original lenses in your frame. During the reglazing process, there are times that the removal of original prescription or demo lenses that damage can occur to those lenses. We will always endeavour to return your original or demo lenses to you as they have arrived to us, but if damaged, these will be disposed of and we are not liable for this.
- If any part of these conditions are invalid, illegal or unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the validity, legality or enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected. This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with United Kingdom law.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer at our discretion where we feel that this is not in the best interests of the company.
- All prices include VAT at the current rate.
- Our VAT registration number is 813 1232 79.
Returns and Refunds
- We have a 30 day return policy. It is the responsibility of you, (the customer), to advise us within 14 days of any problems or defects and to return them to us within 30 days.
- You must return the goods in their original condition.
- When you do return an item we recommend that you obtain proof of postage from the Post Office by way of signed for or special delivery as we are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in post. Please refer to our ‘Delivery and Title’ section above.
- Returned goods will be examined upon receipt and we will notify you about your refund or replacement via e-mail.
- We have the right to refuse the issue of a refund or replacement in the event they have suffered damage after delivery, they have been misused or the problem is due to wear and tear.
- We will in all cases consider a full refund but approach each one case by case. Where special lenses have been manufactured and there are issues with the lenses outside of our control and not in any way our fault, this will be taken into account and a service charge of 30% be retained. This is a professional reglaze service and should not be viewed as a way to try a range of different types of lenses without obligation.
- Your statutory rights in relation to returns and refunds are not affected.
Request a Pack
- By requesting a pack you have agreed to and read our terms and conditions in full.
- The voucher codes we display either online or as part of a communicated offer are always a single-use voucher so just one use per customer.
- We do unfortunately receive a number of items that are posted in without any paperwork. After six months we reserve the right to dispose of any unclaimed frames. We will of course try and retain these for as long as possible but there is a finite amount of storage space that we have for these so after 6 months they will be archived and listed for recycling.
- We abide by the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only collect information that is necessary for us to fulfil our requirements to you.
- We will not forward your details on to any other company, for any purpose other than to do what is necessary to complete your order.